Wednesday, October 21

LFA Finally uncovered

News hit late last night of the LFA debuting in Tokyo, Japan. What people did not expect is a video and images of an actual LFA on the streets in Florida. Check it out!

The long-awaited supercar from Lexus has broken cover. The LFA two-seater supercar is scheduled to enter production at the end of 2010. The model will be hand-assembled at the Motomachi plant in Toyota City, at a maximum rate of 20 per month.

The model measures 4,505mm long, 1,895mm wide, and 1,220mm high, with a 2,605mm wheelbase. Pre-sales have already started. A prototype is currently on display at the Tokyo Motor Show.

Powered by a 4.8-litre V10 and boasting 552bhp of power and maximum torque of 480Nm, the rear-wheel drive LFA is the fastest Lexus model ever offered. The car takes just 3.7 seconds to accelerate from 0 to 62mph and offers a top speed of 202mph. The engine is mated to a rear-mounted six-speed automated sequential gearbox.

To keep weight at a minimum, engineers switched from aluminium to carbon fibre reinforced plastic (CFRP) for the chassis and bodywork. The CFRP structure, built in-house, saves about 100kg in weight compared to an equivalent aluminium body. CFRP accounts for 65% of the body-in-white, with aluminium alloy used for the remaining 35%.

Info From: Automotive World

No comments: